Cloud computing is an attractive option for businesses and organizations because they can store and access their data over the internet rather than their hard drive. While it’s extremely convenient to store data on the cloud, there’s a rising concern over its safety and security.
Generally speaking, data stored on the cloud is very safe, but it is physically out of your hands. For this reason, businesses need reassurance that what’s not in their direct control is secure. That’s where cloud security comes into the picture.
What is Cloud Security?
Cloud security includes a set of policies, procedures and technologies that work together to keep your data safe, ensure privacy and comply with state and federal regulations. A huge benefit to cloud security is that it can be configured to meet your individual needs. This allows you to utilize authenticating systems, encryption, password protection, traffic filtering and more.
Some of the most common cyber threats that exist are:
- Data breaches
- Insider threats
- Hijacking accounts
- Third-party applications
- Denial of service (DoS) attack
How Cloud Security Protects Against Cyber Threats
Whether you are making the transition to the cloud, or are already on the cloud, having robust cloud security is imperative to the safety and security of your data. Security threats are getting smarter, so your cloud security must be a match for them.
Below are the reasons why cloud security is important for curbing rising cyber threats.
- Manage remote workers. When employees access data from public places, it makes your data vulnerable to hackers. Because you can’t be watching over your employees every minute, you need good cloud security to prevent malware and phishing attacks.
- Guard against security breaches. The average cost of a data breach is between $1.25 million and $8.19 million, depending on the country and industry. As security threats evolve, it’s more important than ever to have the best cloud security solutions.
- Comply with regulations. There are state and federal compliance regulations you must follow to protect customer and employee privacy. To avoid suffering the wrath of regulators, particularly if there is a breach, you need cloud security.
- Eliminate vulnerabilities. Sometimes, it’s not malicious hackers that cause problems but weak links within your organization. To your benefit, cloud security limits access to data to only the people who need it.
Cloud security is the best way to protect your business from costly, reputation-damaging cyber threats. Contact Gobi Technologies to learn more about our cloud security and compliance services. Our team designs, plans and implements comprehensive cloud security models for all types of business and organizations.